Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dressing for Travel: The Windy City

My husband and I got the wonderful opportunity to go to a wedding in the beautiful city of Chicago. It has pretty much been blazing hot here in VA, but Chicago was definitely cooler. I didn't quite know how cold it would be factoring in the wind and being outside on boat tours and baseball games, so I just decided to do what every girl would do--bring a million layers! Wearing a sweater or v-neck with a scarf and blazer gave me the opportunity to take away some layers (although I didn't find myself doing that often). I had a wonderful time, and I have included an example of layering for travel below! The nude sweater, black blazer, and white skinny jeans are all things that can be used again, hence making packing a little lighter. Now, if you're like me, that's just an excuse to shove more things into your bag that you don't even need. Hi, I'm Erin, and I have been overpacking for 20+ years.

I have also posted the outfit I wore to the wedding we attended. It was a beautiful wedding right in the heart of downtown Chicago. The green lace dress was fun and comfortable, and the nude pumps were comfortable despite their height, thanks to a platform!


White skinny jeans: Target $13.00
Black metallic cap-toe flats: Target $8.00
Leopard infinity scarf: Charlotte Russe Outlet $9.00
Tan cross body bag: TJ Maxx $21.00




Green lace dress: Marshall's $29.00
Nude peep toe sling-back pumps: TJ Maxx $20.00
Gold linked necklace: NY&Co. $5.00
Leopard clutch: Target $4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment